A view of life through the eyes of a person who is slowly losing their mind.

Sunday, August 29, 2004

recovering from saturday

Nice day today, finally felt like summer. Took the jeep out in the woods with some old friends for a nice ride. Did a little swimming and tried to understand my current relationship and how we got to where we are now.

I know you've all been there, once the newness of it all wears off, things change. He doesn't seem to see how jelouse he is....and can act out of control. We're facing a big problem right now, his father had a problem with alcohol when the bf was just a lad. It seems history is repeating itself. I had noticed this long before he and I began our relationship, when friendship was still our game. He drinks and gets miserable. Not all the time, not when everything around him is good. But when there is any outside problem, it comes into play and mixes with the alcohol and its hell. Worst of all, most when morning comes, he doesn't remember much. I've never really been in a situation like this before and I'm not sure what steps to take. He drinks too fast, and too much. It's not an every night thing, but it's just about every night that we do go out and drink. I want to help. I don't know how strong I can be, especially when most of my world is revolved around playing music, or going to see live bands, at bars, and being with my friends. So, there ya have it. I refuse to over analyze this right now, it just feels better to put some things down in print. Ahh, therapy.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?