A view of life through the eyes of a person who is slowly losing their mind.

Monday, September 13, 2004

"The Notebook"

Maybe this book has been the stem of my recent depression.

I read it in a few days and it was an excellent book. I'd recommend it to anyone who may believe in true love, or anyone who wants a glimpse of what one should really feel like if they are with the one they are meant for. It was depressing for me though because I believe I had that kind of love once, but couldn't handle it, and let it go. If it was meant to be then indeed I believe it will still happen. Maybe not anytime soon, but, I still hold on to that small word that means so much...."Faith". Time will tell.

For now, my weekend was a drunken mess. I did have fun, but studies have proved that excessive drinking will cause temporary bouts with depression. I laid in bed yesterday...all day. I tried not to think too much. Today, I am back at work after hiding in the woods for the the last few days of last week. It was nice to be on foot and in nature. My only complaint there was it taking me an hour to get a fire going just to heat up some soup. Not all my fault, it rained quite a bit the day before. So nice..........so peaceful.....if society was different, that would be my world. A hut in the woods. The only thing I fear I would miss from the real world would be an occasional shower.

I may go out tonight for a little while, check out one of my fav. bands. I'll see how I feel. I don't want to die at the present moment but who knows what kind of tricks my mind may play on me as the day goes on. A friend of mine made a good point. I have moved four times in the past six months and I have been engaged and un-engaged and just a whole lot has happened. My friend suggested that none of it really had the chance to sink into my brain and now it's catching up with me. So, it's time to deal with it and smile again. Today it's nice not to be insane. When it comes back to take hold of me, I'll be sure to let you know. Until next time.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?