A view of life through the eyes of a person who is slowly losing their mind.

Monday, November 22, 2004

All Smiles today he was.

Two year old little boy Trevor. I tickled his feet until he rolled over and I got my "Good morning Manda", in the sweetest, groggiest, two year old voice. Put a smile on my face every morning.

As winter comes, each weekend grows calmer, more peaceful. There is going to be a tinge of sadness secretly surrounding a lot of us this Thanksgiving. My family will be missing my Grandmother. My ex's family will be missing their cousin. Both of which significant in my life and both of which passed away on the same cold Jan. morning this 2004 within minutes of each other. We have my best friend, whose husband has been in Iraq for almost a year now, along with a large number of other soldiers from our area. There is also friends with broken families, children away from mothers and fathers separated from their children. So to any of you who will be noticing an empty chair or two at your Thanksgiving day feast, I pray for you to help the others fill that void with stories and laughter. I miss her everyday. This holiday is my favorite, (and you guys thought I enjoyed my birthday!) . So this year...I am cooking at my good friend Rich's house. The door is open to anyone who is missing family or has no one to share this day with. Lets hope the food is good, but the company guaranteed will be wonderful.

I think it's going to snow on Thursday. No promises here folks, but I can feel a flurry coming on. I'm actually praying for it. I know there will be a point in the day that tears will come to my eyes for the ones I miss, but you know I will make it fun.

I hope your all geared up for the day and especially that night, Stoney Creek at the Bone Yard. Gonna have to watch my alcohol intake that night because I'll be watching after three children the following day. Bright and early 6 a.m. Maybe it will snow and we'll get to sleigh ride!! Yippie!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?