A view of life through the eyes of a person who is slowly losing their mind.

Monday, November 29, 2004

And so it's over.

Thanksgiving is gone, and I, am alive. It was something. We ate, drank wine and brought together family and friends. We made it with no problems and I also got to see my family from NJ. I do have one complaint.....INSOMNIA.

Oh God, please help me to sleep again. It started a few weeks ago, just here and there, not every night. Ever since Thanksgiving night, I'm having the hardest time. I'm so tired at night, and I've tried just about every thing. Warm milk, alcohol, t.v., no t.v., reading, counting sheep, and lastly...late night jogs around the park. Still, it takes till the sun is rising again for me to close my eyes. Then when the alarm goes off I have to kick myself out of bed and look into the mirror at blood shot eyes and pretend that I'm going to make it through the day without worrying about my sleeplessness. Any suggestions.

All that aside I feel alright. I've been missing some old friends, Vinny, Mel, Alan, George, Jarrad, the old crew. We're all so busy. I just want one more night in the woods around the fire with these people and a few others to talk about old times and bitch about the future. Times they are a changin. Remember late night cards and stupid human tricks in four wheel drives, sneeking up to bedroom windows and the drama that is Crystal. Curry Doughnuts and Brian (Jesus). Twister and cook outs and big Brian across the road looking for vinegar to soak his feet in. Vinny's Tempo reaching 100 thousand miles and messing with a CAT parked in the woods in the middle of Dallas. Peach and his moo juice and so much more.

Good times are all around if you busy folk just stop for a night here and there to get together and let loose. Maybe it's the insomnia talking here, but lately I've been at a stand still. Having fun for me changes so rapidly, could be ADD. I'm in need of nothing more than sleep and a blue Monday. I'd like to get you all together before Christmas for a night at Lispi's. Let me know when you all can make it happen.

I hope every one had a good holiday and cheers be of more good ones to come.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?