A view of life through the eyes of a person who is slowly losing their mind.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Breathe

I just need to breathe. Every thing else today is irrelevant. I have so much to do on so little sleep. Things will work out, though it be a struggle. I will share it with you my readers, you just have to give me another week to get the facts together. In the meantime, I will still smile, but I'm drained. Too many thoughts.

Just a draft here for a new song, still have a lot of work to do, but so far:

Maybe I was feeling my mortality.
Maybe wanted to find a way around the guard rail for me.
I know I was going to accuse myself of thinking too much.
So damn much.

Well, either way, I did, and you know why.
Know me so well.
Better than myself?
Cause I'm not sure why I came here tonight.
Leave it up to you to know what's right.

Can you give me a hand?
This might be the end if you shouldn't help me hang on.
My heads doing double time but my bodies still strong.
On the clearing looking out at my world.
Searching for an excuse why I'm acting so absurd.
I remember when the view from up here was so clear.
But the haze overtakes what I will always hold dear.

That's all I got, it needs a lot of work, but the meaning to me goes so far beyond what anyone will get that they just might like it.

Aside from all that, they put a long guard rail up on the road we use to access our woods. I'm glad to say that I'm one of the two last people to drive over the hump before they put up the rail this morning. It saddens me, but like I say, they keep building on up we keep breaking on through.

When they first built they exit, I made a huge sign with the help of a friend. It read "This used to be my playground, now it's another road to your rat race." I wish I had a picture of that. My friend might, but it was so long ago since I had the desire to speak to her. I'm glad we did it, it lasted for a few months before it was finally taken down. Guess that is about all the rebel you'll get out of me.

Not sure what the weekend has in store. I want to spend as much time with my friend in need as I can. For now, I need sleep real bad.

My thought of the day: To be normal and still be "me" is an oxi-moron.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?