A view of life through the eyes of a person who is slowly losing their mind.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

So this is....

Tuesday, and what have you done,
a bunch of useless shopping,
and you know your forgetting at least some one,
Merry merry Christmas, don't buy me a thing,
Cause I don't want to have to go back to Wal-Mart,
to find you a last minute some thing.

Ha ha. Well folks. I still have shopping to do. I'm tired, and not nearly done with all the other holiday preparations. I am excited. I love the Christmas Eve service that my church holds, and I love watching kids open presents. I admit, at 24 years old, I am still the first one up on Christmas day. I also admit that I stumble around the house slightly louder than normal to try and wake up the rest of the family. PRESENTS! I get more excited to give than receive. Receiving is also quite nice.

It's been hard to Blog with everything going on. I had a nice long conversation with my friend who is in Iraq. He will be home soon!! I fear the war has changed him, how could it not. He is always the life of the party and I don't want to see that mischievous glimmer dim in his eyes. He's so much more serious now, and though I can understand, I don't want to. I don't want my friends to spend their days worrying. I can't make everything all better, but I can make you smile. What does worrying do? Really? Only action can help fix your problems, worrying just makes them seem more extreme.

So merry four days before Christmas, don't worry about the people who hand you a gift while your hand is empty, it's not about the money or the presents. We Christians know the meaning. To those of you who are not, please then, celebrate your family, and company, and your life, and most of all for what you do have. Cast your worries under the rug for this one day. My Grandmother wasn't sick last year, but I knew it was my last Christmas with her. I just knew. I enjoyed it, I listened to her more intently then ever. She loved to just sit back and watch us, with joy in her eyes. Just watching her family be together. When she passed, eight days after New Year's, I promised that I wouldn't let it bring tears to my eyes for this Christmas 2004. I promised to celebrate it in all it's meaning and be so grateful for the last Christmas I did spend with her. I say it again, enjoy your company this holiday. I love you all.

Remember the snow storm last year!! Holy cow we got dumped on. Looks like it will be another white Christmas, see you on the dyke at Kirby Park, I'll be the one in on the sled full of other adults, acting like children!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?