A view of life through the eyes of a person who is slowly losing their mind.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

25 years later

I still have my blonde hair. I still have all my limbs and all five senses. I am still of small stature. I am still afraid of water. I am no longer lactose intollerant, nor is my asthma active. i still cry, and still laugh at the silliest of things. I still sleep on long car rides, and still reach out my hand to Mom and Dad for help. Every time I see a little girl dressed in pink I am reminded that pink was always Amie color and blue was always dolly color. I still have the doll that gave blue it's "dolly color" name.

Twenty five years later and I still suck my thumb. I am also still afraid of things such as "War of the Worlds", "The Blob", and a room full of strangers.

Some things will never change but so much still does. I am young, I am happy. My health is a big question mark but I have no one to blame but myself for that. I am proud of who I have become. I thank my family for that and the friends who have helped me be me. I would not change one single thing.

Twenty five years later and I am still lost as to which direction I should go in.
Twenty five years later and I know that if I can continue to be a good person, then direction seems irrelevent.

Twenty five years later and I am still miserable in the morning. I thank my friends for reminding me of that.

Happy almost birthday to me......
Comments:
Happy Birthday! Another year closer to death! (so I kinda stole that from Pink Floyd)We should have a glass of Johnnie Walker tonight. I'll even bring out the Blue Label if your game! Well no matter what have a great birthday!
 
Happy Birthday, Darlin'. I'll attempt to be philosophical (I hope thats spelled right), and say that no matter what, just remember that there is so much less to this than you think. High 5's to you. Cheers!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?