A view of life through the eyes of a person who is slowly losing their mind.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

........................................................................

I got this e mail from my friend today. He was on a benefit motorcycle run and it ended in tragedy. An SUV going the opposite direction down the highway crossed over right into the path of the bikes killing a man and putting his wife in critical condition. I just thought I'd share with you. Although they couldn't save the man, it was my friend among others at the scene that automatically jumped in to try and save him. Here it is:

Hi Beautiful,

Just sitting here, going through my mail. I was on that bike run yesterday where that guy & his wife got killed. I just found out about his wife today. The news on T V is saying that she is still in intensive care. I tried to help Butch, but he was already gone. We turned him over to try and give him CPR, but his lips were blue, no pulse, and he wasn't breathing. We worked on him till the EMT's got there, & then we backed off. I just needed to tell somebody about it.

Thanks for listening,Tom

There are hero's right in our backyards. Makes me feel warm. I have often wondered how I would react in such situations. I would hope that I'd be able to put aside my fears and do whatever I could to help. Hell, my friend once got bit by a dog and I got squeamish. I think I'd be as brave as possible. I know I'd try.

It's a quite morning, which usually leads into a crazy afternoon. The shuttle will take off today and as I had said once before please keep these folks in your prayers.

I went to visit Aunt Ruthie over the weekend. Her face was swollen, but she was still Aunt Ruthie. The next surgery will be scheduled soon. It'll take place right outside of NY city, and she will be there for approx. five weeks. I plan to travel a lot back and fourth. I'm scared for her, I love her dearly.

Today I just wanted to put some of those fears I've been having in print. To see them in front of me gives me a sense that not only have I now acknowledged what is going on in my world, but that I can deal with them.

I am afraid that Mark will lose his patience with me, but until I can express my fears for what is going on around me, I don't expect him to understand. How can I expect him to when I myself can't speak it aloud. He has made me see what it is like to let some one into every aspect of your mind, all I have to do is keep the door fully open instead of slightly ajar.

Time for coffee.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?