A view of life through the eyes of a person who is slowly losing their mind.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Here is what I have to say

If your reading this, then you are human. Welcome. Some times we do things that we never thought we would do. But it happens and nine times out of ten it is not excusable but justifiable. Any one with children will go to extremes to protect them and do what is best for them. This is what makes you a good parent. I know we've all done things that we are not proud of, but be proud of being a good parent. You got to do what you've got to do and we love the ones that take care of us, watch out for us, make sure we're fed, and healthy (mentally and physically). That is all I have to say about that subject.

Now on another note. I smoke cigarettes, a lot of cigarettes. It's filthy and I know it'll kill me in the end, but I do it. On that note, remember when you were a kid and you'd go to the bank with your mom? You'd pull up to the drive through teller and the nice bank lady would give you a lollipop. It never failed, the lolipops were always there and you were always glad to go for a ride to the bank. Personally I liked getting the lollipop with the question marks on the wrapper. Then you had a big surprise in front of you to guess the flavor. Brace yourself folks, here is the kicker. Now we have these drive up windows on the tobacco outlets which I frequent. It's easy, especially when you have children with you. Instead of loading and unloading at your local convenient store, you can just pull up to these outlets, get your smokes, and be on your way. Well, they give children lolipops. The lady there today gave us a whole bag of them. What a message to send, first off the children know what I'm getting at this store but they don't care because they are kids. They....get candy. What kind of message is that sending. Think about it, I'm going to get something that's going to kill me but the kids are getting something they like. So it's not bad that we're there at this store, at least in there eyes. On top of everything that went on this holiday weekend, that is what I had to think about on the ride home from the store. Why don't they just hand out small plastic lungs that represent a smokers lung. You know, some nasty looking thing and make the kids think twice. Not to mention it would make adults think twice to when the nice lady at the smoke store is handing out these gruesome representations of what we do to bodies. Needles to say there will be no more trips to the tobacco outlets while children are in my care. That is all I have to say for now.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?