A view of life through the eyes of a person who is slowly losing their mind.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Today is the day

of Aunt Ruthies surgery. Let's pray it's the last of a long two years for her. . . . and yet today feels more normal then a day has felt in quite some time. I am well rested and have bridged some gaps between people that I was starting to build. Going to Camel Beach on Thursday! I was only there once, but had a heck of good time. This time there will be children involved which can only add to the fun of it.

Drank coffee at John's last night and went for drinks with him and Dehaut and Mark. GOT TO WATCH FOOTBALL. Would you believe I missed the very last minute of the damn game too, right when Da Bears went in for the win. I knew hopping of the bar stool last night at that last minute of the game could only mean that I would miss some thing such as that. I don't realize how much I enjoy the game until the off season. Not to say that I'll be glued to the t.v. for the entire new season but for a few choice games of course.

Well, time to be productive.

For an interesting read or two, I just finished the following books.

Judy Picoult: Second Glance (very good supernatural read, had me hooked from day one and for me to read a four hundred page novel in a week, you know it was good)

C.S. Lewis: The Great Divorce (spiritual; about a bus ride from Hell to Heaven, exremely symbolic with huge underlyling meaning, made me think)
Comments:
Amusing to watch
Music is the key to life
Animal like at times
Not always all there
Daring to try it
Adventure comes her way

Jaw dropping excitement
All over the woods
Never seems to go away :)
Eternal sunshine of the spotless
mind

Pretending to be fearless
Attacking what’s there
Childish at heart
Hanging in there
Increasing the heights
Calming the waves
Kick ass kind of friend
~ ~ My friend Amanda ~ ~
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?