A view of life through the eyes of a person who is slowly losing their mind.

Friday, September 23, 2005

It's a bleak day...

not for my mood, though I do have a cold. You see I've been watching this hurrican roll in on t.v. The waters are rising and New Orleans is once again under it all. Texas is in big trouble and I feel like I'm watching the world end. I have all these flashback images in my head of all the destruction I've seen in my life time alone. I've read Revelations time and again and it all seems to be unfolding. Though I am a firm believer that the predictions in the great book will take hundreds of years to unfold, here it is. It's happening on my television. Empathy can be a hard thing to release. I find that being empathedic is a lose/lose battle. You can cry and send your heart out to those affected by any kind of tragidy, but what does that really do. It will send you into a state of depression along with the victims but it won't help the situation.....or your head to rest peacefully at the end of the day.

Let's face it, me and all my friends, we're broke. But we live from day to day and do what we need to do and I thank God they are all safe and in my view. I know we can't make a million dollar donation, but if you got a few bucks to spare, (even a five dollar bill), call the Red Cross and they can take it out of your account right over the phone. People can argue, "Oh, the Government will take care of those people" and blah, blah, blah. Do what you can.

Okay, I'm going of on a tangent here. Anyway, if NEPA was struck by tragedy, I know that we would be taken care of, one way or another. Do what you can. Anything. I know all the school kids are selling candy and shit for their school. I personally won't spend a dime on it, and I hope you all won't either. Take the ten bucks you'd spend on a crappy box of chocolate and send it to those in need.

I just made my small donation of ten bucks at: www.redcross.org/donation
I used my check card and it was really easy.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?