A view of life through the eyes of a person who is slowly losing their mind.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Scooter McNutty

the squirrel on the back porch that scares the crap out of me and Mel on a daily basis has done it once again. Dear Melany stepped out onto the back porch to put out the trash and low and behold she sees that the bag is moving. Her first thought is "eww, mouse"......then she notices the size of this moving mass and her next thought is "ewwww, rat." So, Melany being the animal rights activist of the year picks up a mop and continually beats on the moving lump an upwards of 80 times. Panicking and probably slightly winded at this point, Melany picks up the bag to view her victory when Scooter Mcnutty himself jumpes out unharmed at Melany, pounces off her chest and takes off into the great land that is Melany's back yard. The screams the poor girl have let out now have got the attention of her daughter and dog who have at this point joined her on the back porch.

First I must say, I'm sorry that I've been feeding the animals Melany. Second, only can some thing like this happen to Melany and I'm sure her version of the story is much funnier then my portrayal. So Mel if your feeling saucy write your recollection on the comments page for us to enjoy.

I have a little some thing I'd like to add about Melany here. We've known each other since 9th or 10th grade. When I say known I mean that's when we met and have never gone without the others friendship. She is a true friend and I watched her on Saturday night dance around so silly next to some friends of ours who are going through a really rough time. She brought big smiles to those two faces. Smiles bigger then I've seen in some time. That's what you do Mel, you make people smile and you make sure every one around you is well taken care of. I love you for that, you are the kind of person that makes life bearable when you think your not going to make it. Thank you.

Now about those friends going through a rough time. When I say rough, I mean heartbreaking. Please keep those in your prayers and send out good thoughts. You know those times people go through, the ones that you have not experienced yet, and hope to never. That is when you say something to the tune of, "I can only imagine." Well I can't even find those words in my voice. I can't imagine. All I can do is pray and so I.

Dear God,

Please bless this family in the makes. Give them strength, strength from you and from all of us around them with love and support to offer. Know that we have faith in your plan for us no matter what it be. Thank you for this day and yesterdays and for whatever tomorrow will bring. A-men

On another note completely. To the GRAIN and MOON'S MEDICINE SHOW, bravo. It was a good weekend in music and I am so proud of the people I call friends. Talented to the point of goose bumps on my skin. I'm looking forward to many more excellent shows. Just for getting out there and doing what you love, I envy you. For getting out there and doing what you love and rocking the house doing it, damn. Keep going, go all the way.

Hmm, what else do I got......I watched a little girl that I've known since birth read a Dr. Suess book last night. There are no words.

You want to see a f*cking rocking good time. Head up to T.C. Reilly's (the old Candlelight) in Trucksville. It is the new Blue Monday with Sting Ray and Chuck and a hugh handful of talented musicians rocking out. I haven't heard jamming like that in quite a while. It's a drive for most of us, but there is not need to drink to do it. Just old favorites with new feelings behind it. I recommend it to any one who misses the Lispi's days. It surpasses that by means beyond my vocabulary.

Okay, I wrote a lot. Had a lot to say. Still have more to say but losing circulation in my fingers. Peace.
Comments:
I first must say to all of my animal friends, and (Snow White) that I am very sorry. The squirrel scared the SHIT out of me and the last thing I want is a rat in my house......
The beginning...
I was mopping my floor the other day and I went to dump the bucket of old mop water out when all of a sudden I look down and see the garbage bag moving. Well I knew it wasn't the wind and well it looked way to big to be a mouse, so I figured it was a RAT!!! My first instinct was to kill he BEAST. I didn't want to find it in my house. So I crank up my mop, flip it around and start swinging like fuckin' Babe Ruth. About 80-84 swings later (not kiddin) I stopped and looked at the bag to see if it was still moving. I even gave it a little poke. Nothing not even a breath. SOOOOO...
I go in the house mop my floor again (it was muddy out the last couple days) Go back outside to dump the mop water, crank up the mop to hang it to dry, and just for the hell of it I decide to make the worst decision of my life, I poked the bag. AAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Holy shit Its alive and jumps out of the black garbage bag where I thought it would stay, bounces off of my chest, and leaps off the porch. The next thing I know Serenity and Mr. Gus were there to save me.
Well the only thing that I learned form this whole experience is. When you think it is dead HIT THE FUCKER 80-84 MORE TIMES.
MEL
 
Mel:"When you think it is dead HIT THE FUCKER 80-84 MORE TIMES."

You don't watch many horror movies do you? You'd have learned that long ago!
 
No I haven't watched a lot of scary movies. I am a HUGE chicken shit.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?